Green-Certified Lodging at the Inn on First
Romantic Napa Getaways with low environmental impact!
The Inn on First in Napa is happy to contribute to an improved way of living and Environmental consciousness. We were the first Northern California Bed and Breakfast Inn to be certified “green” by the State of California, and the second in the state of California. We proudly are members of the California Green Lodging Association and the Bay Area Green Business Association.
We were also awarded the Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition in 2010 for invaluable service to the community by the office of Mike Thompson, our Congressional representative in Washington, D.C. The Inn on First was also awarded a Certificate of Recognition by the California State Legislature for outstanding recycling efforts, and we strive to make our Inn a better place for everyone. Not only are we a premier destination for romantic getaways in Napa, but our commitment to promoting green living and reduced energy consumption helps set us apart from all other lodging inn locations throughout Napa.
In 2014 we were one of thirteen businesses in the State of California to receive a Climate Leader Award from CoolCalifornia.org that is funded by the California Environment Protection Agency. This award recognizes California small businesses that demonstrate exceptional climate change management practices and communication. We also received Certificates of Recognition from our State Senator, Lois Wolk, and our State Assembly Member, Mariko Yamada.
What does it mean to be green certified?
“Green” lodging properties are environmentally-friendly properties eager to institute programs that save water, save energy and reduce waste to help protect the planet. These establishments offer healthier surroundings for guests and staff alike.
In-Room Green Solutions that few other Inns in Napa can offer!
- Low-flow water sources and tank-less water heater
- Kitchen waste composting, Garden composting
- Re-usable glassware instead of paper or plastic as well as stainless steel water bottles replacing plastic water bottles
- In-room recycle bins
- Energy saving light bulbs
- In-room climate control. Each room has a personal air-conditioning/cooling unit, heat source and ceiling fans.
- Luxury Toiletries from Gilchrist & Soames. The BeeKind® Collection features formulations, which contain no parabens, phthalates, petrol-derived ingredients, mineral oil, urea, DEA, TEA or propylene glycol, and use recyclable packaging and are free of any artificial colors or dyes.
- Household natural cleaning products that protect both the environment and the housekeepers who use them.
- Sheet and Towel Service that is certified green
- Sheet and Towel replacement by request only, saving both energy and water.
- House-made snacks. This reduces unnecessary packaging/shipping; therefore cuts back on the pollution that is derived from automobile based distribution & paper waste.
- Food storage bags that are composed of clear 100% Home-Compostable cellulose product made from wood fiber, that causes nearly zero environmental impact.
- Pens that are made from recycled wood, tire and plastic.
- Natural cleaning & gardening products are used to keep our rooms and grounds in pristine condition.
- High-Quality 100% Recycled Tissue
- Individual ac/heater allows for unused rooms to remain unheated/cool